Maybe God Is Using You More Than You Realize
Maybe God Is Using You More Than You Realize
Sometimes I think we expect being used by God to feel… bigger.
Like there should be a moment when everything suddenly makes sense.
A huge calling.
A powerful testimony.
A platform.
A microphone.
Something that makes us stop and think, Okay, THIS is what God is using me for.
But lately, I’ve been realizing something.
Maybe God is using us in ways we don’t even notice.
Maybe it was the conversation you almost didn’t have.
Maybe it was sitting beside someone who looked lonely.
Maybe it was the text you sent because someone randomly crossed your mind.
Maybe it was volunteering when another set of hands was desperately needed.
Maybe it was praying for someone who will never know you prayed for them.
Maybe it was simply showing up.
We may never know how many seemingly insignificant moments God has used for something much bigger.
We Don’t Always Get to See the Fruit
I think one of the hardest parts about following Jesus is accepting that we won’t always see the results of our obedience.
We plant seeds that someone else may water.
We encourage people whose stories we may never fully know.
We pray prayers and don’t always get to see how God answers them.
We love people without knowing whether they’ll remember us years from now.
And that’s okay.
Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 3:6:
“I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.”
I love that reminder.
Our job isn’t to make everything grow.
That’s God’s job.
Our job is simply to be faithful with whatever He puts in front of us.
The Little Things Aren’t Little to God
Jesus noticed people others overlooked.
He stopped for people.
He listened.
He touched the hurting.
He welcomed children.
He ate with people others rejected.
Again and again, Jesus showed us that people matter.
And I think sometimes we become so focused on discovering our “big purpose” that we miss the opportunities God has already placed right in front of us.
Your purpose might be unfolding in the ordinary moments of your Tuesday afternoon.
It might be in your home.
Your church.
Your workplace.
Your classroom.
Your friendships.
Your family.
Your ministry.
Maybe following your calling isn’t always about finding the next big thing.
Maybe sometimes it’s simply asking:
“God, who can I love well today?”
Just Keep Showing Up
This is something I’m learning in my own life.
I don’t need to know every detail of what God is doing.
I don’t need to know where every yes will lead.
I don’t need recognition for every seed I plant.
I just want to keep showing up.
Keep loving.
Keep serving.
Keep encouraging.
Keep praying.
Keep saying yes when God nudges my heart.
And trust Him with the rest.
Because maybe that conversation mattered more than I realized.
Maybe that kid needed someone to notice them.
Maybe that prayer mattered.
Maybe that encouragement came at exactly the right moment.
Maybe God took something I considered small and used it for something eternal.
Your Faithfulness Matters
If you’ve ever wondered whether you’re doing enough for God, I hope you remember this:
You don’t need a platform to have a purpose.
You don’t need thousands of people listening to make an impact.
You don’t need everyone to know your name.
You simply need a willing heart.
There are people around you right now who need kindness.
Who need encouragement.
Who need prayer.
Who need someone willing to show them what the love of Jesus looks like.
So keep planting seeds.
Keep loving people.
Keep showing up.
And when you wonder whether any of it matters, remember:
God can do extraordinary things with ordinary acts of obedience.
Maybe He’s already using you far more than you realize. ๐
A Prayer
Lord, help me notice the opportunities You place in front of me each day. Give me a heart that is willing to love, serve, encourage, and obey even when nobody notices. When I can’t see the results, help me trust You with the seeds I’ve planted. Use the ordinary moments of my life for Your glory, and let the way I love others point them toward You.
Amen.
Reflection Question
What small opportunity might God be giving you today to love or encourage someone?
I often ask God what his purpose is for me, but like you said, maybe he is already using me. If not, I am patiently waiting for him.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely I believe that! Amen! ๐
Delete