What If Your Faith Feels Quiet Right Now?

​


Not every season with God feels extraordinary.

Sometimes there are tears during worship.

Scripture seems to speak directly into your situation.

Prayer comes easily.

You can’t wait to open your Bible.

You feel God everywhere.

And then…

Sometimes you don’t.

Nothing terrible has happened.

You haven’t walked away from God.

You still believe.

You still love Jesus.

But your faith just feels…

quiet.

If that’s where you are right now, I want you to know something:

Quiet faith is still faith.

You Won’t Always Feel Something

I love the moments when God’s presence feels overwhelming.

But I’m learning not to build my faith entirely around them.

Because feelings change.

Some mornings I wake up excited and ready to spend time with God.

Other mornings I’m tired.

Distracted.

Busy.

Maybe even a little spiritually dry.

And if I only seek God when I feel something, my relationship with Him will always be controlled by my emotions.

Faith asks something deeper of us.

It says:

“God, even when I don’t feel You, I still trust You.”

Hebrews 11:1 says:

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”

Sometimes faith means worshipping when you feel overwhelmed by God’s presence.

And sometimes faith means opening your Bible on an ordinary Tuesday when you don’t feel much of anything at all.

Both matter.

Ordinary Faithfulness Is Beautiful

I’ve started thinking about how much of following Jesus happens in incredibly ordinary moments.

Making time to pray.

Reading a chapter of Scripture.

Choosing forgiveness.

Serving someone.

Turning away from temptation.

Encouraging a friend.

Showing kindness when you’re tired.

Going to church when staying home would be easier.

Whispering “Thank You, Jesus” while driving down the road.

None of those moments may feel dramatic.

There may be no goosebumps.

No tears.

No huge revelation.

But there is something beautiful happening:

You’re choosing Him.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Roots Grow Where Nobody Can See Them

Think about a tree.

We notice what’s above the ground.

The leaves.

The branches.

The flowers.

The fruit.

But underneath the surface is an entire system of roots that nobody sees.

Those roots are what keep the tree standing.

I think some seasons with God are like that.

Nothing spectacular appears to be happening on the surface.

But underneath…

God may be deepening your roots.

Teaching you discipline.

Building endurance.

Strengthening your trust.

Teaching you to seek Him because of who He is, not simply because of how being near Him makes you feel.

Quiet doesn’t mean stagnant.

Sometimes quiet means growing deeper.

God Hasn’t Gone Anywhere

One of the lies we can begin believing during a quiet season is:

“Maybe God has moved away from me.”

But Scripture reminds us:

“Come near to God and he will come near to you.” — James 4:8

God hasn’t suddenly become less faithful because your emotions changed.

He is still God.

Still good.

Still present.

Still listening.

Still working.

Still worthy of your worship.

Even here.

Keep Showing Up

So what do you do when your faith feels quiet?

You keep showing up.

Not because you’re trying to earn God’s love.

Not because you’re checking something off a Christian to-do list.

But because relationships are built through consistency.

Open your Bible.

Even if you only read a little.

Pray.

Even if your prayer is short.

Worship.

Even if you don’t get goosebumps.

Go to church.

Spend time with other believers.

Look for God in ordinary things.

And don’t panic because this season doesn’t look like the last one.

God doesn’t require you to manufacture an emotional experience to prove that you love Him.

Sometimes one of the most beautiful acts of worship is simply saying:

“Jesus, I’m still here.”

Maybe Quiet Isn’t Bad

Maybe this season isn’t evidence that something is wrong with your faith.

Maybe you’re learning something new about it.

Maybe God is teaching you that He is just as worthy in the silence as He is in the mountaintop moments.

Maybe your roots are growing.

Maybe you’re learning endurance.

Maybe you’re discovering that love isn’t always a feeling.

Sometimes love is a choice.

And today, even if your faith feels quiet, you can choose Him again.

No fireworks required.

No perfect prayer.

No emotional worship moment.

Just a heart that whispers:

“Jesus, I still choose You.”

And sometimes…

that’s a very beautiful kind of faith. πŸ’œ




A Prayer

Jesus, thank You for being faithful in every season. When I feel close to You, help me treasure those moments. And when my faith feels quiet, remind me that You haven’t gone anywhere. Teach me to seek You because of who You are, not only because of what I feel. Strengthen my roots in the quiet places and help me choose You again and again.

Even when I don’t feel something extraordinary, let my life quietly say:

Jesus, I still choose You.

Amen.





Reflection Question

Has your faith ever gone through a quiet season? What helped you continue seeking God when you didn’t necessarily “feel” Him?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years of Praying for a Baby

Why I Keep Saying Yes to Serving

When Your Prayers Don’t Sound Pretty