Why I Love Youth Ministry




There are moments in life when you simply know that God is calling you somewhere.

For me, one of those places has been youth ministry.

I have always loved children, but somewhere along the way, God placed a special love for young people in my heart. Whether they are little ones running around at Vacation Bible School, middle school students trying to figure out who they are, or teenagers preparing to step into adulthood, I genuinely love being around them.

I know the world often speaks negatively about younger generations. People say they are distracted, selfish, and uninterested in God.

I don’t believe that.

I have seen young people worship with their whole hearts. I have heard them ask deep questions about faith. I have watched them pray for one another, encourage one another, and grow in ways that have inspired me.

The truth is that they don’t need perfection from us.

They need love.

They need guidance.

They need someone who will listen.

Most importantly, they need someone who will faithfully point them toward Jesus.

Youth ministry isn’t always easy. Sometimes it is loud, messy, chaotic, and exhausting. But it is also beautiful.

Every conversation matters.

Every prayer matters.

Every lesson matters.

Every moment matters.

I don’t know exactly what the future holds, but I know this: God has given me a heart for children and teenagers, and I want to spend my life helping them know that they are deeply loved by Him.

Perhaps that is why I love youth ministry so much.

Because every time I walk into that room, I am reminded that God is still moving.

He is still working.

He is still calling hearts to Himself.

And I have the incredible privilege of witnessing it. πŸ’œ



A Prayer


Lord, thank You for the young people You have placed in my life. Help me to love them well, lead them wisely, and point them toward You in everything I do. Give me patience, compassion, courage, and a heart that reflects Your love. Amen.




Reflection Question

Who was the person who helped shape your faith when you were younger? πŸ₯°



Some of my favorite moments are below (not even close to them all! So many! lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ₯ΉπŸ’œπŸ™ŒπŸ») 


Some of our kiddos listening to a few of the amazing leaders πŸ₯°


Run, White, and Blue 5K



Pool Party πŸŽ‰ 



Battleship πŸ˜‚



Worship


Comments

  1. I too loved youth ministry although it can be very challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely can be! It’s a lot of fun though πŸ₯°πŸ’œ

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years of Praying for a Baby

Why I Keep Saying Yes to Serving

When Your Prayers Don’t Sound Pretty