If You Don’t Know Jesus Yet, This Is for You

Maybe you found this blog because somebody shared a post.
Maybe you liked a quote.
Maybe you’re going through something difficult and started searching for hope.
Maybe you’re curious about Christianity.
Maybe you used to believe but walked away.
Maybe you’ve never opened a Bible in your life.
Maybe you don’t even know what you believe.
But somehow…
you’re here.
So can I tell you something?
I’m really glad you are.
And if you don’t know Jesus yet, I especially want you to know that you are welcome here.
You Don’t Have to Pretend With Me
You don’t have to know Christian terminology.
You don’t have to know how to pray.
You don’t have to know where the books of the Bible are.
You don’t have to understand everything Christians believe.
You don’t even have to know exactly what questions you want to ask.
You can simply say:
“I want to know more about Jesus.”
And I would be honored to talk with you.
No judgment.
No expectation that you already have everything figured out.
Just a conversation.
Because somebody had to teach all of us.
So… Who Is Jesus?
If we’re going to talk about Him, we should probably start there.
Christians don’t believe Jesus was simply a good teacher or an inspirational person.
We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
John 3:16 says:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
That verse is famous for a reason.
At the center of Christianity isn’t a list of rules.
It’s a rescue story.
And it starts with love.
God loves you.
But There’s a Problem
Here’s the part of Christianity that isn’t always comfortable to talk about.
Sin is real.
Romans 3:23 says:
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
All.
Me too.
Christianity isn’t divided into “good people” and “bad people.”
We’re all sinners in need of a Savior.
We’ve lied.
We’ve been selfish.
We’ve hurt people.
We’ve disobeyed God.
We’ve chosen our own way.
And sin separates us from a holy God.
That’s why we need Jesus.
Not because Christians are better than everybody else.
Because we’re not.
We need grace too.
Jesus Did What We Couldn’t
This is the Gospel—the good news.
Jesus came to earth.
He lived without sin.
He willingly went to the cross and died for our sins.
And three days later…
He rose again.
Death didn’t win.
The grave didn’t keep Him.
Jesus is alive.
Romans 5:8 says:
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Notice what it doesn’t say.
It doesn’t say:
Once you finally got yourself together…
It says:
while we were still sinners.
Jesus didn’t wait for us to become worthy of rescuing.
He came for us.
Christianity Isn’t About Becoming “Good Enough”
Maybe you’ve thought:
I could never be a Christian. I’ve done too much.
Or:
I’ll come to God once I get my life together.
Please hear me:
You cannot clean yourself up enough to stop needing Jesus.
And neither can I.
Ephesians 2:8–9 tells us salvation is by grace through faith—not something we earn by doing enough good things.
That’s why it’s called grace.
Jesus isn’t asking you to impress Him.
He’s calling you to follow Him.
Following Jesus Will Change You
I also don’t want to give you a watered-down version of Christianity.
Jesus loves you exactly where you are.
But following Him isn’t simply adding a little Jesus to the life you already planned.
It’s surrender.
It’s repentance—turning away from sin and toward God.
It’s learning His Word.
It’s obeying Him.
It’s becoming more like Him.
Jesus said:
“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”
— Luke 9:23
Following Jesus will cost you something.
But you gain something infinitely greater:
Jesus Himself.
Forgiveness.
Grace.
A new life.
A relationship with God.
And eternal hope.
You Are Allowed to Have Questions
Maybe you’re reading this and thinking:
Okay… but I have about 700 questions. 😂
GOOD.
Ask them.
Seriously.
Faith isn’t threatened by sincere questions.
Ask me why Christians believe the Bible.
Ask me about prayer.
Ask me what church is like.
Ask me what salvation means.
Ask me what Christians believe about something you’ve heard.
Ask me where you should start reading the Bible.
Ask me the question you think is “too stupid” to ask.
There isn’t one.
And if I don’t know the answer?
I’ll tell you I don’t know, and we can look for it together.
I’m not inviting you to contact me because I have every answer.
I’m inviting you because I know the One I want you to meet.
If You’re Ready to Follow Jesus
Maybe you’re not merely curious.
Maybe something inside of you is saying:
I want Him.
Then talk to Him.
You don’t need a special location.
You don’t need perfect words.
Salvation isn’t produced by reciting a magical formula; it’s about genuinely turning to Christ in repentance and faith.
Romans 10:9 says:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
You can tell Him honestly:
Jesus, I know I am a sinner and I need You. I believe You died for my sins and rose again. Forgive me. I turn away from my sin and put my trust in You. I want You to be Lord of my life. Teach me to follow You.
And then?
This is the beginning.
Not the finish line.
Find a Bible-believing church.
Start reading Scripture.
Learn to pray.
Get around other Christians.
Talk with a pastor or mature believer.
Learn about baptism.
Become a disciple who eventually helps make other disciples.
Because following Jesus isn’t merely a decision we make once.
It’s a life we begin living with Him.
And This Is My Invitation to You
This is really why I wanted to write this post.
If you’ve been quietly reading my Christian posts but you don’t actually know Jesus…
please don’t feel like you have to figure this out alone.
Contact me.
Really.
You don’t need to write anything impressive.
You can literally send:
“Hey. I saw your blog post. I want to know more about Jesus.”
That’s enough.
I’ll talk with you.
I’ll pray with you.
I’ll help you figure out where to begin.
And if your questions are beyond what I know, we’ll find trustworthy answers.
Because if all Lavender & Light ever does is make pretty purple Christian content, then I’ve missed the point.
I don’t just want people to know this brand.
I want people to know Jesus.
I want people to encounter the Gospel.
I want believers to grow.
I want disciples to make disciples.
I want somebody who feels far away from God to discover that Jesus is calling them near.
That’s what matters.
So if somehow this little corner of the internet has brought you here…
maybe don’t click away quite yet.
You don’t have to know everything.
You don’t have to have everything together.
You can start with one question.
Who is Jesus?
And I’d be honored to help you discover the answer. 💜
🪻 A Prayer for the Person Reading This
Jesus,
I pray for the person reading these words who doesn’t know You yet.
You know their story.
You know their questions.
You know what they’ve experienced with Christianity before.
You know every doubt, every hurt, every fear, and every reason they might hesitate.
Please reveal Yourself to them through Your Word and draw them toward truth.
Give them courage to ask questions.
Place faithful Christians around them who will love them, teach them, and walk beside them.
And if they’re ready to follow You, give them the courage to surrender their life to You.
Let this little blog always point beyond itself and toward You.
Because You are the reason for all of it.
Amen. 💜
Reflection / Invitation
Do you know Jesus personally—or are you still trying to figure out who He is?
If you’re curious, questioning, or ready to begin following Him:
Contact me. I’m here to help. 💜
You can keep it as simple as:
“I want to know more about Jesus.”
That’s enough to start.
Comments
Post a Comment